Welcome to Pluralism project homepage. The project is an exciting opportunity to engage in creative and innovative inter-disciplinary and multi-disciplinary research dialogues.
The main focus of the project is a critical examination of the theme of ‘pluralism’ and the challenges it is posing across the world today. Pluralism has unleashed a reaction of paradigm consolidation in political, economic, social and cultural areas that are having a major impact on all aspects of our lives
The project will also examine counter-pluralist trends, for example, globalisation, and will give people a chance to meet others working in differing disciplines and professions who are exploring related ideas and areas.
The project will critically engage with a number of core themes:
2. Nations, Fluid Boundaries and Citizenship
3. Institutions, Organizations and Social Movements
4. Persons, Personhood and the Inter-Personal
5. Media and Artistic Representations
6. Transnational Political Interlacing of Contemporary Life
7. New Concepts, New Forms of Inclusion
Related themes will also be identified for development and exploration. Out of our deliberations it is anticipated that a series of related projects will develop with an open door for other associated manifestations of the pluralist theme in our time.