This inter- and multi-disciplinary project aims to examine, explore and critically engage with the issues and implications created by the mass usage of computer- and videogames for human entertainment and focus on the impact of innovative videogame titles and interfaces for human communication and ludic culture.
The project will engage with a number of core themes;
1. Videogames and Gaming
2. Videogame Cultures
3. Videogame Technologies and the Future of Interactive Entertainment
4. The History of Virtual Worlds and their Cultures
5. The Relations between Cinema and Videogames
6. Art and Experimental Games
7. Serious Games and Educational Use of 3-D Videogames and Virtual Worlds
Related themes will also be identified for development and exploration. Out of our deliberations it is anticipated that a series of related cross context research projects will develop.