Welcome to the Project
This project explores human augmentation in its myriad forms, whether through literary studies, medicine, political science, science fiction, neuroscience, alienation studies, cultural analysis, research and development, fine art, industrial design, among others. In addition to examining augmentation as represented in the humanities, we encourage designers, manufacturers, hackers, and other engineers of the body to participate.
Core themes for Development
- Augmentation as Cure. Techno-evolution.
- Disability. Prosthesis as Metaphor.
- Augmented Realities. Virtual Realities. Manga Augments. Mobile Suits.
- Disability Culture. Augmenting Race.
- Implantation. Augmented Learning. Augmented Memory.
- Social Justice and Augment Rights.
Related themes will also be identified for development and exploration. Out of our deliberations it is anticipated that a series of related cross context research projects will develop.